Melanie is Partner of Bellco Law and looks after the firms commercial and business matters. Melanie commenced working in the legal industry in Cairns in 2006 and was admitted as a solicitor in 2008.
Since her admission, Melanie practices heavily in property, commercial and business law. Melanie looks after all forms of property transactions from commercial purchases and sales, retail leasing and commercial leasing. Melanie also has a strong interest in property developments and subdivision matters as well as business purchases and sales.
Melanie represents clients throughout Queensland and spends her time between Townsville, Brisbane, Hughenden and the Atherton Tablelands.
In recent years, Melanie has:
- created and registered easements for large national corporations across the country including shopping centres, energy providers and communication providers.
- advised on and completed numerous transactions rural stations including stock, circa $250M.
- created and registered body corporates for large scale residential and commercial complexes across Townsville and Brisbane City.
- advised on business sales and purchases from small locally owned cafes to large national business with multiple locations.
- regularly advised on franchise agreements for national businesses and created franchise agreements for clients wanting to expand their own business.
- advised in the administration of multimillion dollar estates.
Areas of Practice
Property developments, Creation and registration of easements, Body Corporate setup, Business purchase and sales, Wills, Estate Planning & Administration, Property leasing (retail, commercial office, farming, industrial), Residential conveyancing, Commercial conveyancing, Rural conveyancing
Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University
Legal Practitioner, Supreme Court of Queensland
Legal Practitioner, High Court of Australia
Queensland Law Society
Townsville District Law Association
Townsville Chamber of Commerce
Townsville Business Women’s Circle
Rotary Club of Mundingburra
Monday - Thursday / 8.30am to 5.00pm
Friday / 8.30am to 4.00pm